Did you know that you can earn Grade 10, 11 and 12 High School Credits for being a cadet?
It’s true; you really can earn high school credits just for being with cadets! This page was created to assist you in obtaining proof to provide your school, to earn the credits.
The BC Ministry of Education has approved certain Sea, Army and Air Cadet activities as External Youth Development Courses eligible for graduation credits. The BC Ministry of Education awards these credits based on their current requirements. Up-to-date information can be obtained on their website at www.bced.gov.bc.ca/graduation/courseinfo.
The BC Ministry of Education has authorized four (4) credits maximum for each of Grades 10, 11 and 12 as follows:
Course Code / Course Title / Credits Earned:
- UXCA 10 / Cadet 10 / 4
- UXCA 11 / Cadet 11 / 4
- UXCA 12 / Cadet 12 / 4
The following details the required training for each external cadet course for sea cadets:
- UXCA 10 (Cadet 10) – Successfully complete Silver Star training or a six-week summer training course.
- UXCA 11 (Cadet 11) – Successfully complete Gold Star training or a six-week summer training course or staff cadet.
- UXCA 12 (Cadet 12) – Successfully complete Master Cadet or successfully complete a six-week summer training course or staff cadet.
Note: Where a six-week course has been used for Cadet 11 credit, a second six-week course must be completed for Cadet 12 credit.
Qualifying training courses for army cadets include:
- Drill and Ceremonial Instructor
- Expedition Instructor
- Air Rifle Marksmanship Instructor
- Fullbore Marksman – Phase 1, 2
- Fitness and Sports Instructor
- Military Band/Pipe Band – Intermediate/Advanced Musician
- Leadership and Challenge
- Staff Cadet.